Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pack Attack: 2008 Topps Chrome Retail (x22)

I stopped by the baseball card alcove in Shopko the other day and was greeted with a very friendly sight---a box full of half-price 2008 Topps Chrome! Being a sucker for anything shiny I grabbed all 22 packs and raced home top bust 'em open. While I didn't pull anything major like an autograph, I was very happy with my results overall, especially since there was a total of 33 inserts in the 22 packs. Here's what I got:

Notable Base Cards: Ichiro and Evan Longoria RC

Base Refractors (7): Matt Holliday, Aramis Ramirez, Bobby Crosby, Torii Hunter, Brian Bannister, Troy Glaus and Cole Hamels

Base X-Fractors (6): Fausto Carmona, Dice-K, Dustin Pedroia, Matt Kemp, Jo-Jo Reyes and Denard Span RC

Blue Refractors (5): Ryan Theriot RC, Clete Thomas RC, Hunter Pence, Hanley Ramirez and Eugenio Velez RC

Copper Refractors (3): Livan Hernandez #160/599, Joe Blanton #525/599 and Justin Verlander #599/599!!

Trading Card History Inserts (7):
Jake Peavy '53 Topps, Alfonso Soriano '58 Hires Root Beer, Justin Upton '62 Topps, Hanley Ramirez '16 M101-4, Brandon Webb '27 W575-2, Troy Tulowitzki '52 Bowman and Ichiro Japanese Baseball Card

Mickey Mantle HR History (1): Homerun #480

Topps All-Rookie Team Insert (1): Manny Ramirez

Topps Heritage Chrome (2): Joey Votto RC #1415/1959 and Tadahito Iguchi #504/1959

Topps Heritage Chrome Refractor (1): Jason Bay #340/559



My favorites from the break have to be the Ichiro and Justin Verlander Copper Refractor #599/599. I was happy to pull an Evan Longoria RC even if it was just the base version. A bit surprised by the Topps Heritage Chrome cards but they were listed on the back of the pack so they must have been some sloppy seconds from Topps. Let me know if you wanted anything listed and we can work out a deal. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I love the Topps chrome product from the past two years. Both great sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job pulling Ichiro! I know you were happy to see that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopko?...christ I need a car...because we live in the same state and I've never heard of that store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you do. They have got the best selection of cards out of any of the big retail chains (Target and Wal-Mart being the others). They always have lots of half-price blasters and packs, plus plenty of current releases. It's a frequent baseball card watering hole for me.

    ReplyDelete