Thursday, August 5, 2010

Card of the Week: 2002 Donruss Rookie Year Materials Jersey Stan Musial #12/50

Stan Musial has always been my favorite "old-time" player (there's a great read on him in the newest Sports Illustrated) and I jumped at the chance to pick up this incredible card of one of the game's all-time (and criminally underrated) greats.

Not only is it the first Stan Musial jersey card in my collection, but the swatch is from Musial's rookie year of 1942. That's right, that little woolen square of fabric is over 68 years old! If it's possible, this card gets even cooler because Donruss showed a picture of the actual jersey from which the swatch was taken on the back. Why can't Topps do that?

Cardinals' fans can drool all they want, but this card is staying in my personal collection for a very long time. Did I mention that I got it for less than the price of a blaster? Hazaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment