Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Stadium Scenes Part II: Safeco Field

I made a trip over to Seattle to catch the Mariners' final homestand against the Oakland A's and Texas Rangers. The M's took the first game against the A's 4-2, but dropped the next to the Rangers 7-3. I wasn't too worried about the outcomes of the games, I just wanted to catch one last glimpse of Ken Griffey Jr. just in case he doesn't return next season. Here are some of my favorite shots from the games:


Cliff Pennington HR that I caught in BP. My first at an MLB Game!

Ken and I have always had a special connection.

This one's for Night Owl.

Reunited and it feels so good.



The old "Arms Akimbo Club" over at first base.

2009 AL Cy Young winner?? A boy can dream.

It was a real treat to see the Kid on the field one more time and I had great seats just behind the M's dugout. I was literally 10 feet from my childhood idol Griffey, who probably was staring at me because my jaw was on the ground. Funny side note: I bought one pack of 2009 UD A Piece of History at the game and pulled a Ben Stiller shirt swatch from Along Came Polly, anyone interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment