Saturday, December 5, 2009

Beckett's Free Stuff Friday Winnings

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to win one of the Free Stuff Friday contests that the Beckett Blog always puts on and got a pretty sweet card out of the deal. Shown on the left is that card, a 2007 Press Pass Legends Red Autograph Insert #16/25 of Hall-of-Famer Elgin Baylor. Due to the fact that my main collecting focus is baseball, I haven't opened many packs of Press Pass, but I've got to say that I am fairly impressed with this card. No stickers and a big, clean signatures; sure looks a lot better than most autographed cards put out by the major brands. Best of all, Baylor is even from my neck of the woods (the Pacific Northwest); where he attended tiny Seattle University and led the Chieftans all the way to the 1958 NCAA Title Game (they lost to Kentucky). Thanks again to Beckett, this is one of my new favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment