Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Trade with Baseball Dad from All Tribe Baseball

I recently completed a trade with Baseball Dad from All Tribe Baseball and let me tell you, I got some serious Mariners loot. As his blog's title would dictate, Baseball Dad is a Cleveland Indians collector and I was able to scrounge up a couple hundred of Chief Wahoo's finest to send his way. It didn't take long for him to return in kind, with about 10 pounds of Mariners' cards in a priority mail box! I had a blast sorting through all the cards (including a sweet Bret Boone bat card from 2004 Topps CrackerJack), relieving some great memories of the M's glory days and laughing aloud at some of the former Mariners I had forgotten about (or simply blocked out from my consciousness) like Jose Mesa, Aaron Sele and Brian L. Hunter. I have twin younger brothers who also collect Mariners, one's favorite player is John Olerud and the other's is Edgar Martinez, and there were plenty of those two to go around. All in all, it was a great experience for me and my brothers and I truly appreciate the generosity of the fellow collectors that I have meet through the blogosphere. Thanks again Baseball Dad, I'm sure it won't be our last trade.

My Favorite Card from the Trade: 2006 Topps Turkey Red Ken Griffey Jr. Red Border SP (What a Beauty!!)


1 comment:

  1. I glad to see you seem to enjoy the cards as much as I enjoyed the ones you sent me! I look forward to more trades in the future.

    ReplyDelete