Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Wicked Sweet Trade Package

I can be so clever sometimes....

Just the other day I received a package in the mail from one of the most generous people in the blogosphere, Wicked Ortega. It was filled with Mariners, Griffeys and a hand-signed auto. Here's a look at what the man from Florida sent my way:

2008 UD Ballpark Collection Ichiro: This is actually a very nice looking card from a much maligned set. Then again, people weren't exactly looking to buy Ballpark in hopes of putting the base set together. I think this card might have pushed me over 100 total Ichiros--awesome.

1993 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. Hologram: I'm glad the hologram showed up in the scan because it's a really cool early Griffey card. He already showed up at Spring Training down in Arizona and I think he wants to go out on a good note in 2010. By the way, I have no idea what this card actually is...any help?

2007 Topps Heritage Josh Johnson Hand-Signed Auto: This is only the second non-certified autograph in my collection (there's quite a story behind the other) and it's a real peach. Josh Johnson is my favorite young pitcher not named Felix Hernandez and Wicked was kind enough to get this card signed at me at a local Fanfest. I'm expecting huge things out of JJ this season (3rd in Cy Young voting) and I am glad that he's staying in Florida.

Thanks for the cards Wicked! They are truly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment