Saturday, February 27, 2010

Card of the Week: 2006 Sweet Spot Update Ken Griffey Jr. World Baseball Classic Quad Jersey

Though not as difficult to track down as game-used hat or shoe pieces, Griffey WBC jerseys rarely show up on the secondary market and I was thrilled to pick this card up for less than $10 with shipping. In theory I also need to pick up a WBC jersey patch, but good luck finding one of those for less than an arm and a leg (last one sold for $130). Junior was terrific at the plate for the US in 2006's World Baseball Classic, hitting .524 with 3 HR's and 10 RBI's, and was named to the All-WBC Team.

Yet another Griffey to check off my list, still in hot pursuit of a game-used shoe and game-used fielding glove swatch. Let me know if you find one, I've got a handsome bounty attached to 'em. Have a great weekend!

1 comment: