Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's a Birthday Miracle!!

So I found myself at Target on my birthday with some cash burning a hole in my pocket and grabbed a blaster of Topps Platinum and two packs of 2010 Topps. What was I supposed to do, buy underwear? I had already received some terrific birthday presents (tickets to the Mariners home opener! The Natural Collector's Edition Box Set! An authentic mid-90's Ken Griffey Jr. jersey!) so I wasn't expecting anything out the packs, but I was pleasantly surprised (to say the least). Here's the loot:

Rick Ankiel Peak Performers Jersey: Score! I never, ever pull anything out of the base set of Topps (though that's not why I buy it) and on this day I pulled a jersey card of one of my favorite players.

2009 Topps Platinum Percy Harvin RC Auto Patch #248/300: Seriously, if you like football cards at all and love pulling great hits out of blasters, do yourself a favor and grab some Topps Platinum. This beautiful card features a 3-color patch and nearly illegible auto of one of football's top rookies. I'm holding onto this one for a while.

So there you have it, some great cards on a great birthday. Coming up soon: two more box breaks. Stay tuned!

2 comments: