Thursday, March 18, 2010

Card of the Week: 2003 UD Honor Roll Ken Griffey Jr. Leather of Distinction Game-Used Glove

Although much loathed by many members of the collecting community, eBay's Buy-It-Now feature netted me a 50-percent discount on this card; no small thing considering the rarity of this particular gem. 2003 Upper Deck Honor Roll inserted game-used fielding gloves and batting gloves into packs at some unworldly odds, with only between nine and 70 of each player's cards produced. I couldn't find the exact figures for the Griffey fielding glove (anyone else know?) but I was very happy to pick it up at the price I paid. Although it may seem like small peas, I also like that the black game-used swatch matches the glove that Griffey is wearing in the photo.

With the acquisition of a fielding glove, I am nearing completion of the National Griff-ography (every piece of Griffey memorabilia every produced). The main target moving forward will be his 2000 UD Ovation Game-Used Shoe Card limited to 400 copies. If anyone finds this card, I would be willing to pay handsomely for it. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment