Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pack Attack: 2009 Bowman Draft Picks (Retail Hit)

Although I've had pretty good luck with 2009 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects of the hobby variety it's retail counterpart has provided me nothing but heartache. I had sworn off the product altogether after pulling nothing of substance, but on a recent trip to Target I discovered just enough cash in my wallet for one pack, and went back to the well one last time hoping for a miracle. The box had about half of the packs remaining so I figured if there was anything inside at one time, it was long gone. I opened the pack in my car (not while driving) with zero expectations, so I was quite pleased when I saw this (in addition to a Mat Latos refractor):

Buster Posey Prospect Auto: The Giants' young catcher is tearing the cover off the ball at Triple-A and this card is actually more valuable than most of the chrome rookie autos in the set. Although I don't buy cards to make money, it's nice to come out ahead once and a while. This baby is up on eBay as we speak to keep my habit alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment