Tuesday, April 13, 2010

2010 Seattle Mariners Home Opener

My parents got me tickets to the home opener on Monday and with my new Ken Griffey Jr. jersey in tow (a gift from my wonderful girlfriend) I made the trip over to Seattle to catch the M's first game in the Emerald City. It was my first time at a home opener and was a terrific experience despite the Mariners pedestrian play (just two hits all game). Randy Johnson threw out the first pitch (a strike) and was joined on the field by Seattle legends Edgar Martinez, Jay Buhner and Dan Wilson. Here's a few shots from the game:
Ryan-Rowland Smith had a no-hitter through 5 innings
Ichiro!

I thought A Cardboard Problem might enjoy this one

Griffey at the bat

So close to a true American Idol

Andrew Bailey vs. Ken Griffey Jr.

Junior trying to find me in the stands

1 comment:

  1. You want pedestrian...the last time I went to a Rangers Season opener...they didn't get a hit until the 7th inning and lost 11-5 (99 against Detroit). My wife hasn't wanted to go to a game since.

    ReplyDelete