Monday, August 24, 2009

Pack Attack: 2009 Topps Chrome Retail Jumbo

Topps Chrome has been a mainstay of the hobby since its inception in 1996 and the set looks great again this year. One of the big additions to Topps Chrome as been autographed rookies, and even though I didn't pull one, I was very happy with my pack. Here's what I got:


Albert Pujols: The game's best player on a shiny card...who could ask for more? Will this be the season Pujols captures the Triple Crown?
Gordon Beckham (RC): This was the one card I was looking for in the set and needless to say I was thrilled to pull it out of my first pack. Beckham is having a breakout rookie season and his cards are all highly coveted. This card alone made the pack worthwhile.
Rocco Baldelli (X-Fractor): It looks more like a cube-fractor than an x-fractor and I hate the Boston Red Sox, but otherwise a great card!
Stephen Drew: My favorite of the three Drew brothers, but that's not saying much. He's a key member of the Diamondbacks young team.
Scott Lewis (RC): Don't the Indians have about a thousand young left-handers? Aaron Laffey, David Huff, Jeremy Sowers, etc. Let's hope Lewis turns out better than the rest.
Yovanni Gallardo: Gallardo has been a workhorse for my fantasy team all season, a solid pull.
Po Yu Lin (WBC): Kind of disappointed with these World Baseball Classic inserts. Who are these people? I would prefer another base card, but that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment